Thursday, September 25, 2014

Misplaced Emphasis

What if Grades didn't matter?
What if we focused on smart decisions instead? 
What if looks didn't matter? 
What if we focused on the soul? 
What if how far you could run or how well you could throw didn't matter? 
But instead focused on what type of team player you were? 
What if pants size didn't matter? 
What if we then looked at the size of ones heart.  
What if money doesn't matter, but we looked rather on the richness of ones personality? 

What if we are judging the wrong things.  

People are only as smart as their test scores.  
Only as pretty as there selfies 
Only and athletic as they physical attributes.  
Only as appealing as the size that they were. 
only as rich as the amount of green they obtain.   

You wonder why the world is in shambles.  Why bullying goes around.  Why people die lonely.  Why they walk the hallways alone.  

We. Have.  It. All.  Wrong.  

And there is only ourselves to blame.  We put such importance on things that will fade.  I should know.  I am probably the most grade conscious person out there.  I STRESS over a B.  
WHY
Why are these letter so important.  They don't tell me how smart I am.  Wow.  To think brilliant people will walk around there whole lives believing they are stupid.  

I love beautiful people.  I have some friends that could outshine hollywood.  Is this because they have perfect hair, teeth, eyes, skin color?  Well partly.  But mostly because they have a beautiful soul.  People seem to think that face shape matters.  But you don't need barbie blond hair to change the world? 
Why, beautiful people will walk around thinking that they are ugly, because the tabloids say so.  

I am not a sports person.  I don't understand a lick of football.  But I am one of the most competitive people I know.  A Story I like to tell, is the one were I broke my thumb while playing capture the flag, and still played on the winning team! But I am not athletic.  I am short.  Not a fats runner.  Only good at hitting very few things.  We seem to judge winning on points rather than fun.  What is a game worth, if no one enjoys playing it.  What is Winning? We seem to think the only way you can be a good player is if you win games, you score touchdowns, baskets, goals.  

We tell people that their size matters.  That everyone should care!  But who cares about the size of the hearts.  


WHAT ARE WE LOOKING AT?  
Why do we care? 
We are lying to ourselves to think that these attributes make a person.  
We are judging the wrong things.  And people seem to believe it. Everyone is believing this lie.  
What makes a person has nothing to do with appearance, social standards, abilities.  Tell someone that today.  Tell them they can change the world.  Tell them they are beautiful.  Tell them they are important.  #tellthemthetruth 


No comments:

Post a Comment